Jeremiah's Boxes

Jeremiah's Boxes was started in memory of Jeremiah Calderon. Our sole purpose is to provide memory boxes to grieving families after the loss of a child. Our hope is they find comfort in knowing that this is not a journey they are walking alone.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Box Making Continues

We are a month away from Jeremiah's first Angelday. I am excited for all the things that have gotten done with the boxes this last weekend. I found a website that sells imprint kits in bulk, but better yet at a reasonable price. Karen, my contact at AMEND here in Tampa as well as the person who personally takes the boxes to the families, received a donation and luckally she was able to purchase those for this round of boxes. You can find the link to that company here.

Mikayla's mommy Melissa also donated two blankets for the boxes they are absolutely beautiful. I am so excited to include them. I wish I knew how to sew. It's such a great talent.


I also painted more windchimes that will go in the boxes as well.

Aiden's mommy Natasha also offered to make dragonfly cards for the boxes. For more information about her project you can go here.

I am so excited!! So far I am so thankful for all the support and also to be able to include so many families in the project to help those who need it most in such a horrible time. It is definately overwhelming, scary, and devastaing to go from planning a nursery and home coming to planning a funeral and memorial service.

Hugs to all!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! Love the wind chimes, beautiful! I still have a package to send and I will before time to send the memory boxes on their way!

    ReplyDelete